Aupair in Austria
- Category: Aupair in Österreich
Au pairs are young people who live in time as a family member with a host family and help with child care and household chores.
The au pair stay serves to deepen the language skills of the local language and the awareness of the culture of the host country.
The essential criteria for an au pair job in Austria are:
- Minimum age 18 years old and must not be more than 28 years old.
- Learn integration in the host family, lifestyle and language. The host family takes over 50% of the cost of language courses.
- Au Pair forces have no access to the labor force
- The Aupair-force must be able to demonstrate a minimum level of proficiency in German before the commencement of employment
- Au pair workers from the EEA and EU member states do not need a residence permit. But they have to get a registration certificate for a stay of more than three months at the residence authorities.
- The following applies to the employment of au pairs forces the home assistants and domestic workers Act (HGHAG).
- working time including standby duty shall not exceed 20 lessons / week
- According to the HGHAG in conjunction with the minimum wage au pair forces are entitled to 15 monthly salaries a year (holiday special payment: two monthly fees; Christmas special payment: one month paid).
- The au pair power with board and lodging with employer / in (host family) deserves for the work as an Au Pair force (child care and light help with housework) for a working time of 19 hours, including willingness to work a monthly Mindestbruttobarlohn of 415,72 € (since 01.01.2016).
- Sickness and accident insurance. Notification to statutory social insurance (ASVG). Au pair workers from third countries obtain in any case only an entry permit and residence permit if they have an all risk health insurance coverage protection.
- A written contract on the mutual rights and obligations